About Me

My photo
After living in Portugal for 15 years and teaching English in various capacities there, including at the University of Aveiro, I moved back to the United States in 2019. Returning for our church was the best decision we have ever made and God has been so good to us. Reading the Bible everyday and trying to keep the commandments of Jesus are my priorities, along with loving my family and all the people God has put into my life. Helping people is something I enjoy doing, and meeting the individual needs of students who want to learn English is important to me.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Everybody Loves Raymond- Amy Shower

Vocabulary

Throwing- having, making a party for someone
Shower- a party thrown to celebrate an upcoming wedding
Matron of honor- the bride’s best friend who stands by her side during the wedding ceremony
Going forward- going to happen
Lull- a dull moment with nothing happening
Toast- something someone says to honor someone else while raising a glass of champagne
Bridal bingo- a game
Getting it- understanding
Lots of luck- good luck, I hope all goes well for you

VIDEO (0:00-2:57)



Questions
1.     What does Amy thank Deborah for?
2.     She says that Deborah is the best what ever?
3.     Deborah asks who wants what?
4.     What did Deborah tell Marie?
5.     Amy asks her mom if she’s having a good time.  He mother says yes and that it looks like what?
6.     What does Marie offer to help Deborah with?
7.     What does Marie offer to pass out?
8.     What does Marie want to help?
9.     Why does Deborah tell Marie not to worry?
10. What does Deborah tell Marie is for later?
11. What is Marie’s response when Deborah asks her if she’s not getting it?
12. What is it that Deborah says that hurts Marie’s feelings?
13. Marie says “excuse me everyone I would just like to say my ______”
14. What does Marie say to Amy?
15. Deborah welcomes Amy to family and wishes her what?



No comments:

Post a Comment