About Me

My photo
After living in Portugal for 15 years and teaching English in various capacities there, including at the University of Aveiro, I moved back to the United States in 2019. Returning for our church was the best decision we have ever made and God has been so good to us. Reading the Bible everyday and trying to keep the commandments of Jesus are my priorities, along with loving my family and all the people God has put into my life. Helping people is something I enjoy doing, and meeting the individual needs of students who want to learn English is important to me.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Seinfeld- She Went Out With Newman

Vocabulary (idioms and phrases included)

You might say that- yes

Toodle-loo- bye

Ended it- stopped the relationship

More to Newman than meets the eye- Newman has things about him that people don’t know about

Enigma (a mystery wrapped in a riddle)- something difficult to understand

Rare treat- a special honor

The East Wing- the part of the apartment building on the East side

Pudgy- someone who is fat

Skin is crawling- having a very uncomfortable feeling

Rat’s nest- a dirty place to live

My type- the type of person suited for me

Didn’t do it for me- didn’t make me happy, didn’t interest me

Drop by- come over

Golf tee- a little stick you put into the ground and place the golf ball on

Hung up on him-  still thinking about him and liking him



Questions

1.     Who is Newman looking for when he comes to Jerry’s door?
2.     What is the name of the woman in Jerry’s living room?
3.     How does Newman know her?
4.     What is Jerry’s reaction?
5.     Why did Margarite stop seeing Newman?
6.     How long ago was it?
7.     When Jerry tells Elaine that she went out with Newman, she says it must be a _____________.
8.     What is the main question Jerry wants answered?
9.     Elaine responds by saying what?
10. Jerry says that he’s looked into Newman’s eyes and that he’s what?
11. Jerry says that Newman is a mystery wrapped in a what?
12. When Jerry asks Newman what happened, Newman responds that she just wasn’t his what?
13. Does Newman think she’s attractive?
14. What does Newman need?
15. What does Newman offer Jerry to drink?
16. About how many times did she go out with Newman?


No comments:

Post a Comment