About Me

My photo
After living in Portugal for 15 years and teaching English in various capacities there, including at the University of Aveiro, I moved back to the United States in 2019. Returning for our church was the best decision we have ever made and God has been so good to us. Reading the Bible everyday and trying to keep the commandments of Jesus are my priorities, along with loving my family and all the people God has put into my life. Helping people is something I enjoy doing, and meeting the individual needs of students who want to learn English is important to me.

Thursday, July 9, 2015

I Love Lucy- S1E25- Pioneer Women

 (0:99-2:05)




Vocabulary
Society Matrons League- a club (league) for upper class (society) married women (matrons)
Got the nerve up- get the courage to do something
Cream of society- the best of society
Fit in perfectly- they’ll be comfortable and well accepted
Society type husbands- high class husbands
Dish pan lips- dish pan hands are the kind of hands a person gets after washing a lot of dishes, so Lucy says they’ll get dish pan lips if they kiss her dish pan hands
No kidding- really?
I’m with you- I’m on your side, I agree with you




Questions
1.     Where is Ricky?
2.     What can Ethel hardly wait for?
3.     What is it Ethel can’t see how Lucy got the nerve up to do?
4.     Lucy says it’s just what?
5.     Ethel says it’s what?
6.     Lucy assures Ethel that they’ll fit in perfectly.  What is Ethel worried about regarding the society type husbands?
7.     What does Lucy say they’ll get if they kiss her hands?
8.     What does Lucy try to calculate?
9.     How many dishes a meal does she wash?
10. How many dishes has she washed since they’ve been married?
11. Lucy tells Ethel they are going to revolt.  How are they going to do this?


No comments:

Post a Comment