About Me

My photo
After living in Portugal for 15 years and teaching English in various capacities there, including at the University of Aveiro, I moved back to the United States in 2019. Returning for our church was the best decision we have ever made and God has been so good to us. Reading the Bible everyday and trying to keep the commandments of Jesus are my priorities, along with loving my family and all the people God has put into my life. Helping people is something I enjoy doing, and meeting the individual needs of students who want to learn English is important to me.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

ANSWERS- ELR- Active Listening

1.     When Debora asks Ally why she did this and told her this is terrible, what does Ray say?
Oh great!
2.     Whose giraffe is it?
Michael’s
3.     What is Ally’s response to the question of why she did it?
‘cause
4.     Debora tells her that ‘cause is not an answer and what does Ray say?
Active listening
5.     Does Debora believe that active listening works?
No
6.     Debora asks Ally if she’s feeling angry and what does Ray say to Debora?
Reflect back
7.     Debora tells Ally that what isn’t ok to do when we’re angry?
Rip up toys
8.     What is Ray’s response to this?
Judgmental
9.     Ray tells Ally that she’s angry because it used to be her toy and she agrees.  He says “I see, I see” and that she thinks what?
Mommy and daddy pay too much attention to Michael and Jeffrey.
10. What does Debora tell Ray?
That she was handling this
11. Why does Ally ask for the giraffe back?
To try to fix it for Michael
12. Debora says it’s pretty amazing and that he did it, and what does Ray ask?
Does anything else need taking care of while I’m around here?
13. Why does Ray tell Debora not to “go by him?”
He’s a natural
14. He tells Debora not to worry that she’ll ____________.
Get it
15. What would Ray still be saying if Debora hadn’t dragged him to that stupid class?
Hey, no T.V.
16. Ray tells Debora that she’s feeling inadequate because he mastered it before her and what does she ask him?
Where do you get off listening to me?



No comments:

Post a Comment