About Me

My photo
After living in Portugal for 15 years and teaching English in various capacities there, including at the University of Aveiro, I moved back to the United States in 2019. Returning for our church was the best decision we have ever made and God has been so good to us. Reading the Bible everyday and trying to keep the commandments of Jesus are my priorities, along with loving my family and all the people God has put into my life. Helping people is something I enjoy doing, and meeting the individual needs of students who want to learn English is important to me.

Friday, January 8, 2016

Everybody Loves Raymond- Suitcase

Vocabulary
Comings and goings- everything a person does and everywhere they go
Getting away- going on vacation somewhere
Gruesome twosome- Raymond’s parents (the word gruesome means problematic or horrible)
Landing- a platform between flights of stairs
Hadn’t gotten to it- didn’t have time to do it yet
Passive aggressive- indirect expression of hostility, such as through procrastination, stubbornness, sullen behavior
Stubbed my toe- hit my toe against something and hurt it
Waitin me out- trying to see how long the other person can survive the punishment



1.     What does Robert want to borrow Ray’s suitcase for?
2.     Where did Raymond and Deborah go for the weekend?
3.     How many suitcases did they take with them?
4.     They were very tired when they got home so what did they do?
5.     What were Ray’s parents doing at his house?
6.     Where did they leave the suitcase?
7.     How long ago was that?
8.     Why didn’t Ray just move the suitcase himself?
9.     How many times a day does Ray say Deborah is walking by the suitcase?
10. Ray noticed Deborah wearing a sweater she brought on the trip.  What does that mean?
11. Ray does the same thing and takes his clothes out of the suitcase and wears them in front of her.  What is the result?


No comments:

Post a Comment