About Me

My photo
After living in Portugal for 15 years and teaching English in various capacities there, including at the University of Aveiro, I moved back to the United States in 2019. Returning for our church was the best decision we have ever made and God has been so good to us. Reading the Bible everyday and trying to keep the commandments of Jesus are my priorities, along with loving my family and all the people God has put into my life. Helping people is something I enjoy doing, and meeting the individual needs of students who want to learn English is important to me.

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Mike and Molly- Molly Unleashed


Mike and Molly
Molly Unleashed




Vocabulary
Chicago Board of Education- the group of people who are in charge of the educational system in the city of Chicago
Infinite wisdom- a sarcastic way to say it wasn’t very smart
Dubbed- called or named
SCAR- Standardized Citywide Academic Review
Acing it- doing extremely well on a test
Crushed this thing- did extremely well
What I have to show for it- what I have now (materialistically) as a result of my good work in school
Squat- nothing
Beat up old car- an old car in bad condition
Suffocating under a mountain of debt- having a difficult time as a result of all the debt she has accumulated
Don’t settle- go after the most you can in life, don’t just accept the minimum


Questions
1.     What is Molly giving her students?
2.     What doesn’t Molly want to put too much of on them?
3.     What will this exam and the others that follow determine?
4.     Acing it isn’t any what?
5.     What did Molly do to the test when she was their age?
6.     What did she say she pretty much crushed?
7.     What does she have to show for it?
8.     Where does she live?
9.     What is she suffocating under?
10. Some mornings what is it that she thinks?
11. How much time do they have to complete the test?
12. How many more years does she have to teach 4th grade?








No comments:

Post a Comment